Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Vic Chou's dark side, Monday June 15, 2009 Singapore

Credit thank : mon_susicv @ Forum Indonesia

U-Weekly, 16 Juni




FORMER F4 heart-throb Vic Chou, 28, offers a new side to himself in his upcoming idol drama Black & White.

And he strays away from the usual mechanical performances we've come to expect of idol actors.

For a start, he will be playing a baddie.

He said: 'I present to everyone a brand new me through this representative work, as I challenged my own limits and proved my worth.'

Since acting in Meteor Garden as part of the idol group F4, Vic has appeared in various dramas.

But, generally, talk about him tends to focus on his past relationship with former girlfriend Barbie Hsu and his glamorous idol image - with hardly any mention of his acting skills.

In Black & White, Vic finally transcends the idol packaging and the speculation over his personal life.

Vic said: 'Since a few years ago, director Tsai Yuexun already discussed the possibility of making Black & White as a new genre of drama.

'He had clear directions and plans for the character profiles, story content and action scenes.

'After much preparation put in by both sides, we finally took action last year. The completion of this drama marked a new milestone in my acting career.'

Just as the preparation took a long time, the filming process was lengthy too - due to the high standards set by the director.

The gruelling one-year filming took a lot out of him, said the Taiwanese actor.

Said Vic: 'Wearing a thick suit, and having to run and fight in the hot weather was probably the toughest part of filming.

'Filming was also done in many high-risk sites - such as a hot, enclosed factory. In one scene, I was hung 3m above the ground for 24 hours.

'For the kidnap scene, there were high-voltage train rails on both sides. We also had to halt a moving train.'

Vic added that although the shoot was 'very tiring', the entire cast and crew worked hard to achieve 'perfection' for the scene.

'It's all worth it when we can finally present a complete and exciting drama to the audience.'

As for the role itself, Vic said: 'In the past, many of my roles were already cast in stone before I picked them up. All I would do is act according to the script.

'But this role was tailor-made for me, and the director gave me lots of space, allowing me to play out the role of a ruffian as much as I wanted. That was so fun!'

100 points

'After filming, I gave my performance 100 points. I had tried different acting possibilities - including fighting, climbing, acting as a robber and a vagrant - all of which I had never done before.

'I'm certain I've lived out a new image as a ruffian!'

He also gave his reasons for the ability to fill the role, saying: 'Perhaps it's due to my life experiences over the past few years. My character has matured a little, and my heart has also grown.

'But maybe I really got too deep into my character. Even after production had wrapped for two, three months, I still found myself acting out the character's expression and body language in real life.'

Black & White will debut on Mei Ah Drama (HK & Taiwan) (SingTel mio Ch 314) on 1 Aug.

No comments:

Post a Comment